Professional Video Gamers Association

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The networking site for professional video gamers

4 posters

MAG a FPS?

BLaCKBeaRD_RaW
    BLaCKBeaRD_RaW

MAG a FPS? Empty MAG a FPS?

Post by BLaCKBeaRD_RaW Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 17:44

Curious to know, I haven't seen anything that says if it's FPS or 3rd Person. Anyone know?
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

MAG a FPS? Empty Re: MAG a FPS?

Post by AOG-Gideon Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 20:04

Douglas_G

Post by Douglas_G Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 22:11

BLaCKBeaRD_RaW wrote:Curious to know, I haven't seen anything that says if it's FPS or 3rd Person. Anyone know?

According to Game Informer Magazine, Issue 193, May 2009 Page 55, first paragraph Under the section "Rules Of Engagement" It reads:

The biggest change SOCOM fans will notices in MAG is the gameplay perspective; Zipper abandoned the third-person perspective in favor of a first-person experience. "We looked at a number of different camera options for the game, and settled on FPS primarily because of the scale of MAG," Bodewin remarks. "Some of our previous games were third-person, and it was well suited to [managing] teammates and AI squadmates as well. But for a game of this size we really wanted to make it the most immersive and the most intense large-scale game that we could. There's really no better way to do that than to sink you right into the action and look at things through a first-person perspective."

So I believe yes. MAG has been confirmed to be a FPS. Hurray! I am so tired of SOCOM people being able to peek through a doorway or down a hallway without exposing at least the top of their head and their eyes. seeing around corners without actually looking.

Also, something very good to note... We've all encountered those with unbelievable fire rates on their semi-auto weapons... Good news, this won't be happening on MAG. According to the article, they have developed their own punkbuster type deal, and one specific thing it mentions that it will be looking out for is "the probability of rates of fire, movement, and damage to make sure every player action is plausible." So that means.. NO TURBO CONTROLLERS!!!! This makes me happy. alien
    GuN_OmEgA

MAG a FPS? Empty MAG video

Post by GuN_OmEgA Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 21:46

I watched the video and........WOW!!! What a Face Are you freakin kidding me? enough said

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 7:50