Professional Video Gamers Association

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The networking site for professional video gamers

5 posters

Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join.

Poll

Which Faction do you vote for?

[ 5 ]
    Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. I_vote_lcap56%Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. I_vote_rcap [56%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. I_vote_lcap0%Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. I_vote_lcap44%Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. I_vote_rcap [44%] 

Total Votes: 9
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. Empty Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join.

Post by AOG-Gideon Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 14:19

Since the clans that are part of the PVGA would like to play together, we should decide which faction is best for us. You can only join your friends if you are in the same faction. So lets pick one out.
    The following is info I pulled from Game Informer, Joystiq (thnx Douglas), and IGN.

Each of the factions in MAG differ quite a bit in terms of design and weapons (of which there are over 70). The Raven faction is a glossy, high-tech group with the latest and greatest weapons and gear. Their slick, gray and black carbon body armor look matches their headquarters as well, both in color and tech level. Meanwhile, as mentioned, SVER is a rough-and-tumble group who customize weapons found on the battlefield with graffiti and taped-on customizations. Their bases are jungles of rusty metal and corrugated steel sheets, providing cover from enemy fire. Finally, the last group is Valor -- think USA Delta Forces and you're on track. They have more traditional military gear, with lots of camo and more classically styled gear. Their headquarters in Alaska is complemented nicely by the huge beards that many of their troopers have.

Each of these crews has a very specific color palette assigned to them so that when you see a purple and black base, you know you've run into Raven territory, and when you're behind a machine gun that's spray painted all kinds of crazy colors, you know that you're playing as a member of SVER

Valor is the camo-wearin' crew you'd think of if a bunch of Army grunts splintered off and formed their own group;

Raven
    "Decked out in polished black attire and sporting high tech futuristic weapons, the Raven faction features the most highly trained soldiers on the planet. Zipper says their style of play will appeal to fans of sci-fi shooters like Halo and Resistance." Raven is filled with high-tech gear and sleek black outfits featuring molded plastic armor;

Sver
    "Pronounced "sever", this faction is comprised of fierce fighters raised in the climate of warfare. Sver soldiers often hail from war-torn regions in the Middle East or Central Asia. Their weapons arsenal may not be the most powerful, but these battle hardened warriors are very adaptable. Sver soldiers wear brown and gray outfits similar to those found in S.T.A.L.K.E.R." SVER is comprised of soldiers who find hunks of scrap metal and make it into part of their armor

See pics at http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/811/811710/imgs_1.html

Last edited by AOG-Gideon on Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 18:05; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Just because)
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. Empty Re: Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join.

Post by AOG-Gideon Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 14:30

Something to keep in mind....

We should choose the Faction with the least appeal to kids. I would rather play with adults on my team than a bunch of 11 year olds. It isn't the look of the Faction, it is the soldiers in it.

The weaponry will be different for each Faction but I would take an old AK-47 over some high tech gun any day.
    Douglas_G

Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join. Empty Re: Vote on which Faction the PVGA will join.

Post by Douglas_G Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 16:43

AOG-Gideon wrote:Something to keep in mind....

We should choose the Faction with the least appeal to kids.

The weaponry will be different for each Faction but I would take an old AK-47 over some high tech gun any day.

Yeah Sver seems like it will have less kids, kids will want lasers and pretty colors.
    Besides, as me being a browns fan, i loathe anything Ravens even more than the steelers so no raven faction for me.

The AK is a trusty dependable battle-proven weapon. Reads like Sver will be having those.

Oh and from what this reads like, http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/29/joystiq-hands-on-mag/ it seems like Sver will be able to make field modifications to their weapons, that sounds like something I'd like to experiment with.
    [AOG]_Kerstov
    [AOG]_Kerstov

Post by [AOG]_Kerstov Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 18:25

I want to fight with a AK-47 and in a hoodie! It would be so awesome. lol.
    Douglas_G

Post by Douglas_G Sat 20 Jun 2009 - 18:35

[AOG]_Kerstov wrote:I want to fight with a AK-47 and in a hoodie! It would be so awesome. lol.

Well you can, on the PS2. There is a game 25 to Life which you can have a hoodie.
    [AOG]_Kerstov
    [AOG]_Kerstov

Post by [AOG]_Kerstov Sat 20 Jun 2009 - 20:45

Douglas_G wrote:
    [AOG]_Kerstov wrote:I want to fight with a AK-47 and in a hoodie! It would be so awesome. lol.

Well you can, on the PS2. There is a game 25 to Life which you can have a hoodie.
    Well, I was meaning in the game of M.A.G.
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST

Post by LSGH_LIL-GHOST Mon 22 Jun 2009 - 17:13

hmm, -Valor- has that army team feeling to it, Which seems to me as if that would be the closest thign we could get to a, "professional," look. I like the idea of a uniformed squad when it comes to the battle attire lol, this puts off a much better message than a rag tag team of soloists which is how -Sver- seems to present itself. However, In-Field modifications sound pretty freagin sweet Twisted Evil

I'm going to have to come back to this once I've made up my mind... scratch
    It's a tough choice for me lol.
    [AOG]_Kerstov
    [AOG]_Kerstov

Post by [AOG]_Kerstov Mon 22 Jun 2009 - 18:05

I do like the looks of Valor as well, but I think I might like the Sver a little more I guess. Ravens, I don't know. I would have to look more into those guys though.
    LSGH.DARKN3SS
    LSGH.DARKN3SS

Post by LSGH.DARKN3SS Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 13:19

well my vote goes for Sver!!!! In-field mods. sweet Shocked but i would rather be valor before raven! :
    [AOG]_Kerstov
    [AOG]_Kerstov

Post by [AOG]_Kerstov Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 17:09

I was watching a M.A.G. video, wil lhave to uplaod it if I find it agian, and they were saying that Sver is more likely to attract the the kids and stuff. I don't know what to truely think of the game until it comes out and I'm able to play it.
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 10:33

Yea, I wanna see that vid. I talked to some of the RaW guys, and thought Valor was the way to go, but they haven't posted or voted yet. Hmmm, me thinks me should rethinks.

Last edited by AOG-Gideon on Thu 25 Jun 2009 - 12:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST

Post by LSGH_LIL-GHOST Thu 25 Jun 2009 - 1:41

It might be a good Idea to bring this poll back up again later once we have all had a better look at what this game is going to be like, more and more info on MAG keeps getting released.
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Thu 25 Jun 2009 - 12:14

I agree. This will be a preliminary vote. I will probably check out each faction on a different account when the game is out. Then decide.
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 12:28

Yup, so far Sver has the most followed by Raven and the least players are Valor. looks good.
    Go Valor!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content