Professional Video Gamers Association

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The networking site for professional video gamers

+3
AOG-Gideon
Douglas_G
Bassmeant_RaW
7 posters

The Definition of Glitching

Bassmeant_RaW

The Definition of Glitching Empty The Definition of Glitching

Post by Bassmeant_RaW Wed 3 Jun 2009 - 15:26

I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out first:

The misuse or abuse of a video gaming system by one player whos only function is to gain a tactical or point advantage over another player or team, whether it be locational or functional. This can include but isn't limited to :maps, kits, weapons, fixed or mobile assets. It can also include the destruction of enemy resources through unintended means.

aright now somone help me out here. whats missin?
    Douglas_G

The Definition of Glitching Empty Re: The Definition of Glitching

Post by Douglas_G Wed 3 Jun 2009 - 17:28

Also dont forget to include that cheating on a video game, which includes glitching, is using any technical bug or exploit to play a game in any way other than is originally intended by the developers.
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Wed 3 Jun 2009 - 23:17

Several questions were raised in my "No Glitching" clan. Players would ask, if they could No Scope, Worm (go prone, stand, go prone, etc...), plant C4 inside the base of a flag, plant land mines inside of hills, etc...
    My answer was, YES.
    I backed my answer with the following,
    "Although technically those are glitches, they are not something that you couldn't do naturally, so I classify them as flaws, not glitches."
    Point is, a human can do all the above mentioned things in a natural environment, even if the game didn't intend on allowing it.
    But jumping inside of a solid object is not natural, as well as doing kit swap to call constant mortars.

So the definition of glitching should be subject to the natural laws of our universe.

Your turn, props or argue .........
    GuN_OmEgA

The Definition of Glitching Empty Glitching

Post by GuN_OmEgA Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 1:30

Anything that would NOT be of "natural" or "realistic" circumstances. All would be considered glitching or just plain cheating. If you couldn't do it in real life.... Then it SHOULDN'T be done. Especially by anyone here.
    Douglas_G

Post by Douglas_G Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 8:15

GuN_OmEgA wrote:Anything that would NOT be of "natural" or "realistic" circumstances. All would be considered glitching or just plain cheating. If you couldn't do it in real life.... Then it SHOULDN'T be done. Especially by anyone here.

I feel myself to inquire about two things, how about knifing someone in bfbc from across the room from shotgun range? Or perhaps knife camping spawns, how would these things fit into the conduct?
    Bassmeant_RaW

Post by Bassmeant_RaW Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 18:51

knife camping is out. id personally like to formalize it as

"kamping" or "skamping" (k for the knife) as opposed to "spawn camping or scamping" which is just using the gun or explosives.

"kamping" seems just so much more pussy. bu thats sorta relative.

this is different from being in a perimeter, holding a circle around the base but not actually being in it.

am i wrong on that?
    B
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 20:30

I agree. We don't want the reputation of being a bunch of dirty bastards. I vote, play with pride and dignity. No Skamping or anything close to it. That's my vote.
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 1:58

Soo... we made up our minds that glitching is not allowed in the PVGA umbrella, but what about "flaws"?
    Can we no scope? Put land mines inside of hills (BF2MC)? Worm? Hide inside fire (BFBC)?

It should not be, but is, to some degree, "plausible".

Throw down........
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST

The Definition of Glitching Empty hmm the plausibilty... lol

Post by LSGH_LIL-GHOST Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 22:48

Remember the parachutes in bf2mc?? I think just about every one in the game would pull the shoot multiple times if needed. In situations like these, where it's not possible for one to open and close thier shute 30 times however, LITERALLY every one would do this. Whats acceptable here? If you close it, you then intentionally fall? LOL. -Oh, and how plausible are all of our infinite supplies of health packs and injectors? lol *just food for thought*
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon 15 Jun 2009 - 8:10

I'd say worming or chuting are in. i cant qscope but i dont mind it when it happens to me. i drop 2 a knee to fire usually and if im outgunned i usually keep moving. im sure some people hate that but its something that is physically possible IRL. i guess thats the key here: IRL standards for virtual play.

i think in 1943, if you cant close and open chutes, people are gonna have to get good at HALO drops. High altitude Low Opening. You're gonna have to hit yer chute at the last minute. Opening it early means yer a slow falling target. If you can shoot from your chute, then who knows, maybe a lucky grenade or 2.
    LSGH.DARKN3SS
    LSGH.DARKN3SS

Post by LSGH.DARKN3SS Mon 15 Jun 2009 - 9:03

i agree not cheating no glitching we wouldnt be able to do it in a tourney so why do it in a basic everyday game. do to others as you would want them to do to you right. i dont want my clan known for laggin glitchin cheatin but for kickin asses and then takin names. clown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024 - 10:05