Professional Video Gamers Association

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The networking site for professional video gamers

4 posters

Insubordination

AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Insubordination Empty Insubordination

Post by AOG-Gideon Wed 3 Jun 2009 - 23:27

Ok, get this.
    Been running my clan for years. One of my longest running co-leads sends me a message, "Everyones going to leave or give up the reigns to someone else..."
    I said, "take your people and go"
    I lost 6.
    I knew I was strict, but damn, never had an encounter with mutiny before. It kinda hurts. WAAAAH.

I messaged all my clan and said so in so is making a new clan, join him if you want ior stay. I got a bunch of messages, "I am staying, and I have three peeps wanna join" etc...

bwahahahahaa.

Don't get me wrong, I am sad over it, he was a long time clan friend but that was complete suicide on his part.
    I could be wrong, my luck, his clan will battle mine and I will lose.

Over 3 years I have probably kicked 30 people for insubordination. Maybe I am too hard, maybe we just don't work well with pussies.

Game On ........
    Douglas_G

Insubordination Empty Re: Insubordination

Post by Douglas_G Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 8:24

Hey if they didn't like the rules, perhaps they shouldn't have joined in the first place? Methinks you will crush them in an encounter because it seems to me that his actions don't display that much teamwork. It's sad to throw away all that time with a cohesive group.
    GuN_OmEgA

Post by GuN_OmEgA Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 17:13

Mutiny or not.... thats the thing with clans. Its just like running a business. You hire some good people and hire some bad ones. When I was running GuN early into BF2:MC there were several times that we lost people because of other more entising clans. DCR, DOA, etc.

I have been rebuilding GuN now for a month now and have people coming and going too. It seems that if there is no communication between clan-mates on a constant basis. Then people wander off and find a new home. Or they decide that the clan thing is not what they wanted at all. The best thing to do is to keep your clan big enough to maintain at a "working" capacity. Otherwise your clan will be as big as the 101st clan on BF2. They had over 300 members and had absolutely NO organization. They had to split it into divisions that ran different squads and platoons. I was even a tank commander/trainer in 101st for 2 weeks, until i realised that it was a complete overblown mess.
    BLaCKBeaRD_RaW
    BLaCKBeaRD_RaW

Post by BLaCKBeaRD_RaW Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 13:25

I think if you can have 15-18 active members you're doing good. Once you start getting too large, members tend to fight for playing time in clan battles and it causes drama.
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 20:08

Good point. We hit 85 members on PS2 BF2MC and it was a nightmare.

Bad Company changed things, some went xbox, some pc, some PS3, some still PS2.

But now I lost more players and a couple co-leads.

I am considering handpicking a couple players and telling the rest to go join the other guy. Target to have 8 to 12 badasses and leave it at that.

Too much drama.

Calling in the calvary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 20:05