Professional Video Gamers Association

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New MAG Poll. Vote for our Faction.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The networking site for professional video gamers

+2
AOG-Gideon
GuN_OmEgA
6 posters

Modern Combat ?

GuN_OmEgA

Modern Combat ? Empty Modern Combat ?

Post by GuN_OmEgA Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 16:34

BF2:MC was a game beyond it's time and beyond compare, by any game in its genre. It was a masterpiece in my opinion. I can still remember some memorable moments that happened on MC. The good times with friends and all the funny ass shit that went down. 3 years of non-stop action and fun. Hell..... i think i spent 4 total months of my life addicted to that game. What a Face
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Modern Combat ? Empty Re: Modern Combat ?

Post by AOG-Gideon Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 20:45

So true. It still is running strong. I play it once in awhile. I remember the first time my girlfriend killed you, she jumped off the couch screaming and jumping around. But it lost it's luster after you respawn and completely owned us.

my ps2 BF2MC tag is [AOG]_Gideon
    Bassmeant_RaW

Post by Bassmeant_RaW Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 8:16

I remember day one... first match.

walked out from the american spawn... saw this chopper in the distance jack hammering a bunker up on the right side of the valley... completely stunning!

then i got sniped

peace
    B
    GuN_OmEgA

Modern Combat ? Empty The world's greatest tankwhore

Post by GuN_OmEgA Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 15:47

I remember getting owned at Russian Border by a guy named Gen. Dave who was commanding a Ruusian T80. I thought from then on that I would learn how to drive a tank, so it would NEVER happen to me again. From then on I went on to become one of the best, and maybe even THE BEST tankwhore in the game. I was rivaled by some but rarely outmatched by few.

An example of what became of my abilities in a tank.

When I would show up at Bridgetoofar on the Chinese side. The other team would recognise that I was in the game on that side. Soon everyone on the US side would start spawning with engineer kits and sniper kits. It was very rare that I could be stopped from leaving the base and turning the game around. Blasting my way through the enemy lines and recapturing our much needed flags. Twisted Evil I had so many good times killing everything in my path and sometimes I would have mercy on the assault guys because they had no chance to kill me. I would just drive by them and laugh them off. The only person that could ever give me a run for my money was B-Ride. He could usually get the best of me and always piss me off. lol

The last time I played BF2:MC was about a month ago and I stayed for about 5 mins. It was a good game in the day but the PS3 and the new graphics are just too much to go back to the old days.
    Big_ACT

Post by Big_ACT Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 19:03

i hear ya man.. i was propably one of the best support whores and one of the best flag defenders in a Clan battle.... i miss that game.. i went on the other day to find out that after 3 months of non-play i had went from 10th to 12th on the support leaderboard... i might go back to it maybe once or twice a week to get back into top 10 but like dude said.. ps3 graphics and gameplay is just soo crazy its hard to go back to oldschool.. lol
    AOG-Gideon
    AOG-Gideon
    Admin

Post by AOG-Gideon Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 11:03

I remember all you guys. At first I looked up to you like you were Gods. Legends in their own time. Then I started getting jealous cuz you played more than me. Then I started getting real drunk and trying to manage a clan. Then I picked up my PS2 and smashed it on the ground and stomped on it. A few days later, I bought a new one. I was like, "I am gonna get real good at blowing up tanks and killing support whores".
    Then after a few months, I was drunk and pissed because I was failing at my dreams of becoming a BrUtAl killer and BIGACT1987 was laughing at me in my feeble attempts to get the best of him. The sorrow turned to rage and I jumped up and down on my PS2 until it died. Luckily GameStop took it back under warranty... Didn't know 225lb drunk rage was covered.

Now when I show up and play, it always turns out the same, I end up pissed and ask myself, "Why did I just play that game? I knew it would make me mad. Why did I do it. wwaaaahhhhhh"

Then I get on PS3 and get raped by the RaW clan.

Oh, good times.

Oh, thank you BIGACT1987 for the pic ----------->
    That is actually my girl but I gotsta rep

Last edited by AOG-Gideon on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 11:07; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No good reason at all)
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST
    LSGH_LIL-GHOST

Modern Combat ? Empty damn vet gun

Post by LSGH_LIL-GHOST Mon 15 Jun 2009 - 16:12

BF2MC was the SHIT bak n da day, but I'm still upset I can't get my BC vets gun and idk why... I loved playing on the cnq servers, so there was no red dots and you could actually use ur camo n hide in bushes lol! Soooo many epic wars. Wish Bad company had a more interactive community of players like BF2MC, but lack of clan support, full team mics, and in depth leader boards make it nearly impossible. It's alot harder to become well known and respected in Bad Company.
    THESILENCER AKA ATLANTA

Modern Combat ? Empty LSGH_ATLANTA

Post by THESILENCER AKA ATLANTA Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 13:45

YEA THAT WAS MY FIRST ONLINE GAME IVE EVER PLAYED BEFORE IM GLAD I PICKED THAT ONE COMPARED TO ALL OTHERS BFMC2 IS ON TOP I HAVENT WENT BACK TO PLAY IT CUZ I KNOW IT WOULD SUCK TRYING TO COMPARE GRAPHICS BUT THE GAME WAS AHEAD OF ITS TIME I MEET ALOT OF GOOD GUYS ON THERE THAT I STILL RUN WITH ON BAD COMPANY BUT A GREAT GAME FOR A BEGIINER LIKE I WAS LATER GUYS SEE YA THE FIELD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024 - 4:07